Friday, October 16, 2009

The City



Quote I heard recently, names omitted.

"So-and-so is going up to The City to the (blank) hospital for (fill-in-the-blank. You could put just about anything here. Ailments are various and varied in our population.)"

The City. OOOOOOOkay.

Yet another colloquialism up here, referring to Oklahoma City. While I do prefer a rather abbreviated version of communication myself, this, for some reason, really gets on my nerves. And I don't have many of those left after living here 5 years.

Five years, 7 days, eight minutes, and 54 seconds.

But who's counting?

I can see myself in 20 years, 40 pounds overweight, chowing down at the Sonic, talking to someone on the phone about my varied and various ailments, and telling them "I'm going up to The City to the (blank) hospital for (fill-in-the-blank. God, I really don't want to know.)

I have got to get away from here.

I've had my fill.

Check, please?

Dessert?

HELL no!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to read what you type! Glad you took the time to chat!

free counters

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP